ABOUT STUDYING IN USA
The US is one of the most sought-after top study destination in the world. More international students study in the USA than any other country, and for a reason. 92 of the top 200 universities in the world are based in the USA and there are also more than 4,000 other world class universities offering excellent higher education. The U.S. is the preferred destination for Nepali students because U.S. higher educational institutions offer: academic excellence, cutting-edge technology, extensive support services for international students, generous funding opportunities, wide variety of educational options, flexible curriculum, financial assistance and hands-on training (OPT and CPT). The US remains the source of most of the world’s ground-breaking developments in technology, science, business, arts, and beyond. The country has extremely flexible education system and students can receive financial assistance in the form research assistantships, teaching assistantships, graduate assistantships, full or partial tuition waiver, paid internships and can also earn by working part-time while studying.
- The USA has a population of near about 317 million (31.7 Crore) people and consists of 50 States.
- The USA is situated in the Central North America and lie between the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, bordered by Canada to the North and Mexico to the South.
- The US economy is the world’s largest national economy which is 6th highest per capita GDP.
- It has more than 3,000 universities spread across the 50 states.
- Today, 64% of research and development funding comes from the private sector in the U.S.A.
- The United States is one of the world’s most ethnically diverse nations, the product of large scale immigration from many countries. The beauty of USA lies in its multiculturism, USA is the land of education. People around the globe have made USA their home and contributed to its prosperity.
- Some of the famous cities are: New York, New Jersey, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Detroit, San Francisco, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Houston, Dallas, Seattle etc.
- Some of famous states are: California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, New Jersey, New York, Texas, Oklahoma, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia etc.
- In a few decades, country’s economy has achieved study growth with more employment facilities and low inflation, and quick development in advance technology and research field.
- There is a strong presence of Nepali community and as well as Nepali community in USA.
- The U.S. is the world’s third-largest producer of oil and second-largest producer of natural gas. It is the second-largest trading nation in the world behind China..
With thousands of academic programs, world-class institutions, and unmatched flexibility, the United States offers a wealth of higher-education opportunities that you will not find anywhere else in the world! American Universities offer outstanding programs in numerous fields. A chance to work with one of the finest minds in your field of study, excellent support facilities for international students, optimized classroom experience, cutting edge technology are some of the reasons that make US one of the best countries to study in.
- Currently more than 85,000 Indian students are studying in USA.
- Getting Visa is no bar for right students and an attitude of US Consulate is very positive.
- The United States of America is termed as the best place to study given the research work and level of education.
- Student’s growth is better and has a lot of potential in the UNITED STATES given their further education because of the international exposure and the multi-cultural environment.
- USA being an English speaking country has helped thousands of students to blend themselves in the USA environment and come up in life.
- More number of scholarships are available than any other country.
- Various jobs are available for Engineers, Health care, Health management, IT Industries, Finance, Marketing, H.R.M, Nursing, Pharmacy, Biotechnology, Mechanical & Civil Engineers and salary scale is very high compared to other countries.
- The U.S. degree offers excellent value for the money programs and the students get a global exposure in their chosen field.
- The student can choose a US education from a wide range of tuition fees and living costs starts from minimum US $ 10000 – 45000 and also can get financial aid from some of the colleges to make the study affordable.
- Very rich settlement history. There are thousands of Nepalese working in top fortune companies like Apple, IBM, Microsoft, Google, Cisco, Adobe, Intel, Accenture etc.
- Bright chance to get jobs in the FORTUNE 1000 COMPANIES.
- Plenty of Job opportunity working on-campus, Internship, assistant fellowship available at US universities.
- Most countries in the world are trading with USA, so job opportunities are numerous.
- Compared to other parts of world. More numbers of Nepalese are settled in USA and since last 25 years.
- 12 to 29 months Optional Practical Training (OPT) available on the completion of the study.